I have never been one who is content. I always have to have something going on, something to look forward to, something I am working on. I have to be busy. I can't sit around and do nothing. I have been having a rough winter. It has been years since I have been trapped inside by snow. I am used to Vegas weather where I can be outside all the time. I loved the heat so even that didn't keep me in.
I have tried to come up with things to do lately to keep me busy but it has been hard. With the mortgage market being so aweful right now Bill isn't closing as many loans as usual so money is tight. We have had to put off any vacation plans for awhile. So that takes care of my "something to look forward to". In addition it is hard to plan any house projects when it is cold and snowy. I need to paint the outside of the house, do some yardwork and so on, but I will have to wait till the snow melts and the sun comes out.
Well the Lord has taken care of those problems for me. As usual his watchful eye has seen my dilema and help me solve it.
I was called to be the Ward Camp Director this month. (This is in addition to teaching seminary). Boy am I going to be busy. I am a little nervous becuase my idea of roughing it is the Best Western. Don't get me wrong I love the outdoors. I just like them during the day and then prefer to return home to a warm bed and running water at night. I am excited nonetheless. Ashlee was especially excited when she found out. It will be fun.
So the planning, the meetings, and so on have begun, and I now have something to both keep my busy and look forward to. I am grateful that the Lord answers even our unsaid prayers. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
I love keeping up with your family through your blog. You all look so cute! I am ready for spring as well, enough with the snow!
Post a Comment