
Oh I am so excited!! I am a new Aunnie today. (Well for the second time) For some becomming a new Aunt might not be a big deal but for me it is huge. See I am not a huge baby fan. I love teenagers but babies not so much. In 2003 when I found out that my sister was pregnant with my first neice, Madison, I was scared that I wasn't going to like her. I was so nervous at her arrival. I learned that day about the bond of family and blood. Oh I love Maddie Lou Who with all my heart. She is the joy of my life.
So naturally I was also a little nervous about Ella's arrival. I was of course so excited for Shaun and Becky with Ella being their first baby, but me personally a little nervous. What if I didn't like her?
Yesterday around noon my Mom called and said that Becky was going in for a C-section. At that moment I thought about what she was doing in heaven and how she was right then preparing to enter the world. Was she excited? Nervous? I thought of the bitter sweet exit as she had to leave our Heavenly Fathers presence. But it was her turn to come to earth. To a family that loves her and will teach her the truth so that she can return again to Heavenly Father.
Ella was born yesterday February 6, 2008 and weighed 6 lbs. 14 ounces. I was so excited to get the news. I cried when I got the text message from my brother. Then the picture followed. When I opened my email I cried and immediately fell in love with this sweet thing. It was wierd. I felt like I knew her. I haven't held her or even seen her in person (they live in Virginia) but I felt a special bond with her. I am dying to get there to see her in person.
No comments:
Post a Comment