Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home


This weekend Bill came home for the first time since he left for college in Sept. I don't know who was happier to have him home, my dogs, or ME!! I thought poor Sadie was going to have a heart attack she was so excited to see him.

I'm am going to take a minute to be sentimental.... Read this carefully because it doesn't happen often.

While I have hated having Bill gone, I am a little grateful for this experience. It has made us both really appreciate each other, probably me more than him because he is naturally kind and loving. I have really realized how much I appreciate and love him. I look forward to every minute that we spend together now when I see him. We are kind to each other, we don't let things bother us. Our conversations are more meaningful and we say "I Love You" a lot more. More than that though I have realized what a great man and wonderful Husband he is. It is funny how you don't realize how much you depend on someone until they are gone. This weekend Bill helped me with so many of the things that "being a woman" I just couldn't do. For instance... I was trying to winterize my home and take the hoses off the spicket and I could not for the life of me get the sprinkler off the hose it was on there so tight. I twisted and twisted and got angry and even cursed but I physically did not have the strength to do it. Bill gets it off with one twist. He also climbed up on the roof to cut some of the tree branches that were hanging over the house. He made dinner on Sunday which I really appreciated because it had been a long week for me. He also helped Ashlee do a science project that would have taken me a lot longer to help with. Most of all though I was just happy to have him there with us.

One of the things that I thought was so special about his visit happened at church however. When Sacrament meeting was over all of his Young Men flocked over to him to say hello and catch up with him. It was so great to see. I told him that was his reward for a job well done. His Young Men loved him and it was great to see they missed him.

Now I won't see him till Thanksgiving. Three long weeks that we will both have to endure

2 comments:

Haley Marie Tolzmann said...

wow, I can't believe that just came out of your mouth. i love you.

Becca said...

That was very touching. I think your naturally loving too... it just comes out with a bit of humor and there's nothing wrong with that.