Friday, November 14, 2008

Un-Fit Mother

Yesterday the Principal brought Ashlee home from school. Why you say???

Ashlee stayed after school to watch the basketball games. One started at 4:00 and the other at 5:15. When I left work at 5:30 I called her to see if she was ready to come home and she said the game was in half time and that she would call me when it was over. From there I rushed home to meet my visiting teacher who came at 5:30. I carried my purse in the house and then let her in. We started talking and talking you know like visiting teachers like to do. All the while I was waiting for Ashlee's call. It was about 6:15 at this time and I had not heard from Ash yet when there she was walking in the front door. I was surprised becuase she knows that she can't ride home with a friend unless she calls and asks. When she walks in she says "Mom, I tried to call you 15 times." Then I remember that my phone was plugged into my car charger and I forgot to bring it in the house. So I ask, "Who gave you a ride home?" She answers, "Mr. Woodruff." "The Principal?" "YES!"

HOW EMBARRASSING!! Bill thinks this is hilarious and says that he gets about 10 "get out of Jail free cards" for this stunt. I am grateful that I know the Principal personally and he likes Ashlee so he knows I am not a complete failure. Most of all I am grateful for the Principal for not leaving my child there at the school in the dark alone. The benefits of living in a small town. Needless to say I have sent Mr. Woodruff a BIG thank you email this morning!!

1 comment:

Haley Marie Tolzmann said...

you would do something like that. now ashlee is going to get made fun of all day at school for this. good job mom.