Friday, December 12, 2008

VICIOUS




On Wednesday night when I got home from work I noticed there was something on my front door. A card from Animal Control. So I called the officer and she said that there had been an indident with my dogs earlier in the day. Appearently I had left my back gate open and they were wandering.

Break: My next door neighbor on the east side is a crazy, cranky, confusing, confused, old man. Some days he is very nice to us. Some days he is mean. Last April when I was planting my front flower bed I the dogs were outside with me and he walked by and said "Your dogs are so beautiful and well behaved." A month before that he had called animal control on our dogs. Three times this summer he came to our door to let us know that he was having his yard sprayed for weeds and wanted to let us know so that our dogs didn't walk on the lawn and get sick. "He would hate for them to get sick." (Our dogs have never been on his property) On Tuesday during lunch when I went to get my mail and take the dogs to play ball (our regular lunchtime activity) And he says "Hi there, look at those cute dogs, How is Bill doing?" Up and Down, Up and Down. We just try to be nice.

Okay back to story..... So apparently during the wandering I guess Polly went over in his driveway and he claims that Polly (the lazy lovey dog) chased, yes I said chased him into his garage. So he called the police. There is more to the story but basically the animal control officer thinks it is ridiculous. This is the same dog that on Tuesday night while I was babysitting my friends 10 month old baby, let the baby climb on her and pull her hair all while she just layed there. This is the same dog that the neighborhood kids ask to have come play at the park with them. And the same dog who won't even chase a ball but instead lays on the grass while Sadie plays ball. Trust me she doesn't "chase". So now we are faced with the possibility that Polly might have to be placed on the "Vicious Dog List" and we will have to keep a beware of dog sign on our property. Yes.... when you have stopped laughing you can agree with me, with the animal control officer, and many others, I would actually be impressed if my dogs would do anything aggressive. I can't even get them to bark when a stranger comes to the door. One night when my dad arrived late at my house, really late like 3am from traveling across the country he pulled into the driveway around back and walked right into my back door and my dogs didn't make a peep and then welcomed him as he walked in. Seriously I wish they would be more like watch dogs but they are not. They are family loving, kid playing, loyal, fun, great dogs, and they bring so much joy to our lives.

3 comments:

The Calderwood Chronicle said...

That did make me laugh. I remember taking the dogs to play ball and Polly just sat there like a lump. Only when I accidently threw the ball backwards did she even think she had the remote chance of getting to it before Sadie. Funny story. I think Ella is more vicious than both of your dogs put together.

Haley Marie Tolzmann said...

this is very funny. i could see sadie potentially chasing someone in their garage (playing of course) but all i can see polly doing is a slow motion walk towards someone. even if you had a hand full of treats she would be slow to come to you. polly is flat out a lazy good for nothing dog.

Debi said...

This story makes me sad... we had this awesome dog in Washington state (Misty) who snapped at a mean neighborhood girl who was hitting one of us. My dad was so worried about the girls parents pressing charges that he got rid of her. She moved all the way to Seattle and then ran away... several days later she showed up back home... and then my dad made her leave again! I think that's why I won't have a dog... because I loved Misty so much and this is a sore spot for me! What a mean old man... sorry that happened! Love, Debi