Sunday, October 17, 2010
Grandma Bradley's Funeral March 20th 2010
My Grandma Bradley past away on March 15th of this year. I was at work and I got a call from my Mom that she had a stroke on March 11th and was in the hospital. I called Bill up at college and he met Ashlee and I up in Utah. When we arrived Grandma didn't look good. She could barely talk and the stroke had paralized the side of her body and had made it so that she could not swallow anymore. We talked to the doctor and he said there was not much they could do and that she probably would only make it a few days. She was then transferred to her nursing home were she would spend her final days. It was hard on me to see her that way. I kept asking her if she was in pain and she said no, but it was still hard to watch her labor with breathing and just to get a few words out. I will be forever grateful that I was able to tell her that I love her before she left this earth. The next couple days were hard as she continued to go downhill and she looked so terrible. My Mom had the hardest part of staying with her through Monday while she prepared to pass on. Mom said that the day before was terrible. I would not usually post a picture of a casket but I did this one, because I was so happy to see my Grandma in her casket looking so peaceful, and so beautiful after having watch her suffer in the hospital and nursing home. It is comforting to get to see her this way again.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment