Thursday, February 24, 2011

Christmas at Home

We had our family Christmas on Christmas Eve this year because Ashlee was going to her Dad's for awhile on Christmas day. In addition, most of Ashlee's Christmas present was a trip to Disneyland so it was really low key. It was really nice to enjoy the evening and then be able to wake up on Christmas morning with nothing to do but relax. Kinda nice when the kids get older.
Ashlee surprised me with some mirrored end tables from Target. YEAH!
IPod Touch (thanks to Bank of the West's checking promotion!!)
For Bill's Christmas I couldn't think of a thing to get him except for something I have been wanting to do for him for a long time. Since we have been married, (well since his Mom died), all of his childhood and family memories have been kept in a box. I wanted him to be able to look at them more often so I made him a scrapbook with all of his childhood family pics. It was quite a challenge and there were many times I wished his Mom were around to be able to explain where and what was going on in the pictures. It was so fun to get to put together the book, but even more fun to see Bill look through it!


Bill surprised me with a Kitchen Aid. I have wanted one forever. I guess all those hours of watching the Food Network finally paid off and he got the hint.
Ashlee opening a present from Mike and Cheryl.
Little Bill modeling his jacket from Mike and Cheryl.

Ashlee diggin in a stocking that doesn't have her name on it. When I put up the decorations I set the stockings aside and I couldn't remember where I put them. (Still can't...getting old!!) Like I said, A very low key Christmas.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Fun times! What a great idea to do Bill's scrapbook. I know that takes a lot of time. I did something similar for my parents one year with all our family photos that were in a box. Crazy! And now Easter is just around the corner.