Sunday, February 6, 2011

Woodpecker Attack !!

A couple weeks before Christmas I got a call one afternoon from Ashlee while I was at work. I was on the teller line that day covering for one of the girls on vacation and when I answered the phone I hear Ashlee histerical on the other end. So of course there is worry in my voice and some of the customer could hear it. Ashlee says, "Mom, Emmie brought a bird in the house!!" This is a usual occurence but Ashlee was particularly scared of this bird because when she tried to get it out the bird flew at her face. So here I am at work trying to coach her on how to get the bird out and she yells, "I can't get it, it's a woodpecker!!" to which I loudly respond , "It's not a woodpecker" completely forgetting that I am work, on the teller line. The customers are cracking up at this point and I am embarrased. Turns out it was a woodpecker, and turns out Ashlee would not get him out of there. Poor Bill, (our resident exterminator) had to catch the bird and get him outside when he got home. So here is the hunter, (and yes he is in the box cuz he's ready to be shipped out.)
And here is the poor Woodpecker.

No comments: