Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lack of Collection

So the next Tuesday Tell All Idea was to talk about something you collect. Seriously I have been thinking about what it is that I collect and all I could think about is all the things that my family and friends collect. Mom for instance collects a lot of things but it has gone in phases. Thankfully she is out of the country goose collection phase, which morphed into the Precious Moment Figurines phase, that has now calmed to a white pitcher phase. I am sure there are some more but they escape me right now. My Dad collects junky cars. I think the old Ford Ranchero would have to take first place although the El Camino, the Yellow Dodge StationWagon, the Ford LTD and the plethora of Dodge Aries and Plymouth K Cars are in a close second. My Sister, Heidi has also gone through collection phases. A few that I can think of are the Little Mermaid stuff, hats, and now Roosters (thankfully not real... and while we are on the subject I find that humorous because she was attacked by a Rooster but that is another long story for another day, one that I must remember to document.) My Brother Shaun collects...hmmm...speeding tickets. I think his maximum at one time was maybe 3 or 4 (Bill is running a close second to Shaun, he is on 3 within the past 18 months) I don't know if Haley collects anything and if she did collect it it would be lost in her room somewhere. Ashlee... well she collects everything; rocks, pencils (broken ones too), notebooks (seriously I took a picture of them when we moved from Vegas and there were over 45. How many notebooks does one child need?) Now Ashlee is collecting boyfriends, luckily not at the same time. She likes someone new each week. My Aunt Carol collects shoes. I remember as a child spending hours going through her closet, trying on shoes and organizing them.

So here I am still trying to think of what I collect... nothing. So I just realized that I have a worse problem that is the opposite of collecting and that is my well known issue of clutter phobia. I don't collect anything because I like to organize and throw out. My motto is "if you haven't used it in 3 months you don't need it". Sounds great on paper but the problem is that I have thrown out things that I have realized I need to late. And that means I have to go get a new whatever it is.

So I have come up with a solution to help us all. Someone please tell me what I collect or how about each of you collectors send me something from your collection. I will then be able to say that I am collecting things that need to be thrown out. Then I will be helping you too. :)

1 comment:

Friendofflash said...

Um let's see you collect wit and sarcasm. Kereoke CDs
As for my collections... almost non existant. There is no room in the house when Paul hasn't cleaned out his drawers, papers, magazines, and junk for 11 years. As for the amount of toys my child has...alot belonging to Ashlee...Well there honestly is no room for me. Whaa!!!