Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Warriors





We have spent the last two weekends doing projects outside. After being couped up all winter long with the snow and cold it felt good to spend the day in the yard. Last weekend March 22nd and 23rd we had a yard clean up. We raked the lawns to get all of the dead stuff up, we cut down the old yucky rose bush, and Bill fired up the burn barrels to get rid of all the debris. (Don't get jealous Dad, you can burn when you get here). I of course have a list a mile long of things to do both in and out of the house so I was up early to get started. Everyone helped... well I say help but truly Ashlee needs a lot more supervision than its worth. She makes a good runner though. The dogs loved to be outside and I forced "The Pops" (our cat) to come out too. The cat has been going crazy being couped up too. He runs around inside the house like a mad man. So I had him come out to be with us but he spent most of his time crying at the back door and peeking through the windows for someone to save him. After all was said and done we are now ready to get our garden area ready for planting. This will be the first year that we have had a garden or a place for a garden. It will be fun. Ashlee is going to be in charge of two vegetables as one of her YW goals. If her day outside is any indication I would be willing to bet the veggies won't fair too well. Next Week... Clean the Garage. Everyone is looking forward to it. I wish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love to see how montrose has changed two...Las Vegas city dwellers to backyard burn barrel hicks. Didn't take long did it. always knew you had it in ya.