
Ashlee had a wonderful opportunity to attend the General YW Conference this past weekend at the Conference Center in Salt Lake. She didn't want to go at first because she didn't want to have to drive in the car for 6 hours with a whole bunch of people (she is an only child remember). Then I told her that President Monson would be at the conference and she quickly changed her mind. Our wards YW went on left here last Friday 3/28/08 and spent the day touring the BYU campus. On Saturday they did baptisms for the dead at the Jordan River Temple in the morning and then ended the day with the conference session.
Ashlee had an amazing time but I think the thing that hit her the most was went President Monson entered the conference center. She said that before the conference started all the YM were just talking and that the room was kinda loud. Then she said the entire room got dead silent and President Monson walked in. She said there was an amazing spirit there. She also said that the music really touched her. The closing song was "How Firm a Foundation" and the choir and the congregation sang the last verse together. She said that it was so powerful and that she was really touched. The next day the girls attended a ward in Utah somewhere and Ashlee said that she bore her testimony in sacrament meeting. I am sad that I was not there to hear it but at the same time I am grateful that she has that desire to do so on her own.
I am grateful for Ashlee's desire to choose the right. I am grateful for the opportunity that she had to be in the same room with the Prophet of the Lord and to feel of his spirit. I know that she will remember this for year to come and it will help to strengthen her testimony.
Ashlee had an amazing time but I think the thing that hit her the most was went President Monson entered the conference center. She said that before the conference started all the YM were just talking and that the room was kinda loud. Then she said the entire room got dead silent and President Monson walked in. She said there was an amazing spirit there. She also said that the music really touched her. The closing song was "How Firm a Foundation" and the choir and the congregation sang the last verse together. She said that it was so powerful and that she was really touched. The next day the girls attended a ward in Utah somewhere and Ashlee said that she bore her testimony in sacrament meeting. I am sad that I was not there to hear it but at the same time I am grateful that she has that desire to do so on her own.
I am grateful for Ashlee's desire to choose the right. I am grateful for the opportunity that she had to be in the same room with the Prophet of the Lord and to feel of his spirit. I know that she will remember this for year to come and it will help to strengthen her testimony.
No comments:
Post a Comment