Sunday, April 27, 2008

All In A Days Work


Yesterday was the first time in my life that I planted flowers all by myself. I have never had a yard before that I could plant in. We had a small back yard in Vegas but it was landscaped when we moved it. And I say don't fix it if it ain't broken. Yesterday I mowed the front lawn, trimmed the edges, and then I bought some flowers to go in the flower beds. I was so excited. Now I am paying for it today because I worked out there from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm, but it was worth it. Everytime I look out the front window I smiled. It is amazing what a little color does for a yard. I have watched my mom do yard work for years. She is so good at it. I thought of her a lot yesterday and was grateful that she made us work outside with her when we were little in the garden and flower beds. Poor Ashlee, in the next few weeks she is going to have that same experience when we plant the garden. She is not looking forward to it but I think she will appreciate it when she get's older like I do now.

3 comments:

Friendofflash said...

I wish we were closer. I have a hundred or more daffodils we tore out of the ground. Plus we have irises. I was actually thinking of stealing rocks from the mountain road like mom and dad always did for a rock wall.

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

Steph, it looks great! Way to go! I am very impressed! I am OCD about getting my hands dirty. Luckily, my husband LOVES to garden and landscape! Heidi, Cody and I stole rocks to make our rock walls--I say go for it!

Susan said...

You put me to shame! Don't tell Fred you do yardwork, or he may get some crazy idea. Nice job!