Thursday, May 1, 2008

TTA- Home Town Hangouts

This is a good topic for today becuase it is making me reflect on the reasons why I love this town. Today I need a reminder since I woke up to snow. Yes I said it SNOW! Did mother nature not get the MAY MEMO. It is supposed to be spring for crying out loud. Looking over some pictures of the area for this TTA however, I am so grateful to live in such a wonderful, beautiful place!

So here are my favorites:

Place to Grab Lunch- El Jimador (I give thanks for all the Mexicans that live here because them folks know how to cook up some good eatin'!!) They have this great cabbage stuff that they serve along with their chips and salsa. Yummy!!


Go for Date Night- Fishing!! I live about 2 minutes from a fishing lake. The best part of it is that is overlooks the city and I can see Target while I fish and that makes me smile. But we also can go 20 minutes to Ridgway and fish and then eat at this awesome BBQ restaurant called "The Doghouse".
Here is a GREAT Pic of Ridgway!



Buy Some Creative Goodies- The Boardwalk Antique Shops. They have so many fun things to look at. That is where I got Ashlee's lockers that I made into shelves.

Keep the Kids Busy- One Word SCHOOL!! Okay so I have a 13 year old. She is not easily entertained. Most of her outtings require a lot of patience and a lot of cash. This is why I love her school. They come up with the outtings for me. She loves her school! This year they have done several things. Her favorite was when the rented the movie theatre and the entire 7th grade spent the morning at the movies, went back to school for lunch, and then walked to Dairy Queen in the afternoon for ice cream. She also loves the fact that the Jr. Highs in this town get to participate in competitive sports even away. She loves the all day track meets with the hour buss ride there and back.



Buy A Treat- Do I have to list just one place. I am not picky with my treats, but I think if I had to choose one place it would definitely be Cold Stone. Yummy!!



Shop for Fun- Target. This town is very small and Target is the latest
addition, so I am guessing it is everyones favorite here since the other choice is Wal-Mart. YUCK!



Fresh Air- Black Canyon. It is so fun to go down to the bottom. It is beautiful. The dogs can swim, and we can enjoy the river too.


The drive to the bottom is scarey but way worth it!!





Get Away for the Weekend- Ouray. (The Switzerland of America) It is the most beautiful place and each time I go there I am amazed at how awesome it is. They have a hot springs pool, hiking, waterfalls, cute shops. It is so fun there!

3 comments:

a little chat with pat said...

wow! Where did you get all those beautiful pictures??? You are making me major homesick and that's not too hard considering where I live. I would post some pictures of Fallon, but if I did the "Blogger.com" guys would kick me off!

The Calderwood Chronicle said...

Those are pretty pictures. Now I'm way excited to come visit in August. We have to wait until mid-June to buy our tickets though because that's when our points transfer to sky miles.

I hope it's finally starting to feel like May there. Happy early Mother's Day!

Kathy Carling said...

Beautiful pictures Steph. I am homesick too. I miss you guys.