What was I doing a decade ago?
Well I am getting old and the memory fades but I believe in 1998 I was living in Las Vegas, working at American National Insurance. That was the year that I qualified for the company conference which was a 10 day cruise to Alaska. I took my sister, Heidi. Ashlee was 3 years old in 1998 and she was a handful. She was so dang smart that we argued a lot over her independence. (Independence in a 3 year old just means difficulty) I was a single mom and it was a lot of hard work. I remember trying to always keep a smile even though sometimes that sacrifice was more than I could handle. But I am grateful for that experience that I had with Ashlee. She is 13 now and she is my very best friend!!
5 Things on my to do list- (seriously you want me to narrow it down to just 5?)
1. Complete my seminary roll for March ( I know it is April but cut me some slack. I prepare a lesson every night of the week. I am terrible with keeping up with attendance.)
2. Mow the lawn (This I will happily do since this is the first month I have been able to see it!!)
3. Mail Ashlee's thank you letters from her birthday. (Yet another thing I am behind on)
4. Paint the trim in my bathroom
5. Clean the garage. (This was supposed to be on Bill's list but he has gotten it so out of hand that he is overwhelmed and cannot clean it himself)
5 Places I have lived-
1. Montrose, Colorado (several times back and forth)
2. Henderson, Nevada (also back and forth)
3. Leesburg, Virginia (I loved Leesburg. It was so beautiful especially out at the ranch.)
4. Aurora, Colorado (Not a Denver fan)
5. Ogden, Utah (while I went to school)
Jobs I've Had
City of Henderson Parks and Rec Dept. Summer Program
Wendy's (White, Red, and Green)
Bank Teller
Proof Operator
Office Manager
Oral Surgery Assistant
Insurance Agent
5 Things People Don't Know About Me
- I am really picky with my food. Meat especially. I won't eat any meat on the bone. I only like white meat chicken and turkey. Any beef that I eat has to be with ketchup. I don't like anything that is undercooked. No red in my meat, and I like my chicken and turkey dry as can be so I know it is well done. I really only like a few kinds of meat. Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Ground Beef, Skirt Steak (well done) Um I think that's it. Oh and Bacon... also well done
- One of my biggest fears is having to be in a social situation where I don't know anyone and having to mingle with them. I would rather give a speech or sing in front of a lot of people than have to go to a party with them.
- I don't really like kids but I love teaching singing time in Primary. And I love with a capital "L" my nieces. :)
- I am horribly pragmatic when I clean. Well I am a clean freak anyways. Clean house, clean clothes, clean hands. But when I clean the house I always do it in the same order and the same way and I freak out if it is done out of order.
- I am often mistaken by people who don't know me as being aloof or stuck up, when in reality I am shy. Once people get to know me and I open up they will find that I am extremely loyal, almost to a fault. I do have a point however when my loyalty ends. That is a spot that no one wants to get to with me. I am not mean when that happens I am just done.
No comments:
Post a Comment