Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Free To Good Home... Gift Giving Cat

The Pops is such a generous animal. He is constantly bringing me and Ashlee gifts. Most of the time, however, the gifts are still moving when we get them. I have received 3 gifts this month already.

Gift One- Suitcase Accessory
Over Conference Weekend I met Bill up in Utah at his dads house. On the Thursdaybefore we were to leave I packed my suitcase but left it open becuase I was waiting for some laundry to dry to pack a few additional things. So Friday at lunch when I came home to load up the truck I went to zip my suitcase and it just smelled funny. I was thinking my tennis shoes must just reak so I put one of those scented packet things in my bag to ofset the tennis shoes. It was raining and all our luggage was going to have to go in the back of the truck so I put my suitcase in a plastic bag along with everything else we were taking. Well when I arrived in Utah at 1:00 in the morning and unpacked all the luggage and opened the plastic bag my suitcase just reaked. I knew at that point it was not my tennis shoes. Sure enough the Pops had left a mouse in there. So I had to wash all my clothes and shoes and throw the suitcase away. Bill thought it was hilarious.

Gift Two- Squeaky Office Chair
One night last week when I got home from work I was calling and calling the Pops to come eat dinner. I looked all over in his usual sleeping spots and couldn't find him anywhere. Then while walking past the office I noticed him laying iin the middle of the floor staring at the wheel of the office chair. Right away I knew that he was up to no good. So I am looking all over the room trying to figure out where he has put the mouse but I see nothing. Then Ashlee looked under the wheel of the chair and saw a little tail. So I go into the kitchen and get a plastic cup and plate. (No I'm not going to eat it you sickos) I use the paper plate to nudge the mouse into the cup and cover it to dispose of it. But then I look at the cute little mouse and I don't have the heart to kill it. He was a baby and no bigger than my thumb. He was shaking like crazy. So instead of ending his life I walked him out backto the horse field and let him go.

Gift Three- Bird That Missed the.. "Fly South for the Winter" Memo


So last night at 1:32 in the morning I was jarred from a deep sleep by something hitting the walls in the living room and my dogs going crazy. Of course I am freaked out becuase I am a lone right now and so I race out of my room to the living room to find a bird flying through my house banging into walls and furniture, feathers everywhere, my dogs and cat chasing him. It's like a circus show. So I have to get a towel and try to catch the bird. I get up close to him and he flies right into my head. I am screaming and trying to catch him. I finally do but then I have to get Ashlee out of bed to open the door so I can let the bird outside. The poor thing can hardly fly by this time and so when I get him outside he tried to land on one of the tree branches and misses and finally gets away as I am holding my animals back. All this is being done by the light of my motion lights on my garage, in the freezing cold. Needless to say it took my awhile to get back to sleep. Then the Pops was so proud of himself and rubbing up agains my legs and purring. How can you get mad at that?

1 comment:

Haley Marie Tolzmann said...

How can i say this... YOU ARE SO LUCKY! I mean i wish my animal (husband) would bring me prizes like that! Preferably a dead rabbit or skunk. You are so blessed and you don't even know it!