Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Miss My Sis


My Sister has been out of the country since the 27th of February. In my last post about being a new Aunnie I mentioned that we are praying they all get to come home soon. Well half of them did. Paul and Maddie flew home on Sunday March 15th. I was so excited when Maddie (my neice) called my first thing on Monday morning, but I am heartsick that my Sister is still in Africa waiting for the adoption paperwork to get finished.

Although I am dying for her to come home, I am also so proud of her for staying. I finally got to talk to her on the phone today for the first time in weeks. There is just something special about getting to hear her voice. I was glad to hear about the progress Little Quincy has made in just the short week that she has had him in her care. What a brave thing she is doing to stay and make sure he stays healthy. I am so happy to hear how much she loves him and I am so thankful that he is going to join our family. He is a choice spirit.

In the meantime though I miss my sis. I wish I could be there to help her, even if it was just to help her make it through the long days. I am afraid however that my "protective older sister complex would kick in and I would have to get those people moving to fix everything and help her get home faster. I am so proud of her and so lucky that I have her as my sister. She is a great example to me. Come home soon Heidi.

1 comment:

Friendofflash said...

Oh how sweet. I wish I would have seen it sooner. I finally have a computer (electricity) and a few moments to myself at 11pm on a friday to look through everyones blogs. That was very kind. LOVE YA