Thursday, September 3, 2009

Finally got a PIANO!


Ever since I left home I have wanted a piano. Being a songwriter it has killed me to not have one. Those of you that know me know that if I come to your house, and you have a piano, I am ususally going to ask to play it. Well a few weeks ago some friends in our ward asked if we wanted their piano. They were going to just get rid of it. Obviously I said yes without even looking at it. I didn't care what it looked like. They said it had just been tuned and sounded great so I was thrilled. When Bill got home for the summer in July he went to pick it up. When I got home I was so excited, cuz it is in great shape for a used piano and it sounds awesome. The best part of the piano is seeing how much time Ashlee spends on it. She sits and plays by ear everynight for at least an hour. So she started piano lessons last week with Sue Decker, one of my Mom's dear friends, and my piano teacher from when I was a child. It has been a joy to watch her love for music increase. I am so thankful to have this piano in my home. Thank you Morehouses!!! We love it.

3 comments:

a little chat with pat said...

Sooooo Happy you finally got a piano. Now start composing in all your free time. Hey, check out "MY" blog... (surprise)

Debi said...

That's fantastic!! I'm so glad you have a piano now... you are so talent and I always tell people I have a sister-in-law that writes/records her own music! Yipeah for the Hilliards!

Becca said...

Good for you all! I wish I had taken better advantage of having a piano growing up. I hope Ashlee continues to enjoy it.