Monday, September 28, 2009
Sweet Little Voice
In a few weeks I am going to be released as Primary Chorister. It is just too much for me with teaching seminary and trying to keep up with all my classes and Ashlee. On Sunday I was reminded of why I love to teach Primary music as we were practicing our program. I have asked this sweet boy, Colin, to sing a solo in the program. He is only 5 but I have noticed this year that he really has a gift for singing. He learns and remembers the songs quickly and he sings on key which is rare at the age of 5. During the practice the kids started getting antsy as they do, and then it was time for Colin to sing. He got up to the microphone and sang "When I'm Baptized" (I like to look for rainbows) Immediately the spirit was so strong. The kids went silent immediately and there was not a dry eye in the room, including mine as a sobbed like a baby. It is times like this, when these sweet children sing and bring the spirit into the room, that I remember how much I love my calling. I am grateful that I have had the opportunity in so many wards to teach music to the children and to feel of their sweet spirits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh how sweet. I love to hear little children sing... but I still think I'd be terrified to be the chorister in Primary. I'm glad you are simplifying a little though. Speaking of which, how did the homecoming float go?
Post a Comment