Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy 8th Anniversary

Today is our 8th Anniversary. It is hard to believe that we have been married for 8 years. The time has flown by. For those of you who don't know, Bill and I met on the internet. It is funny story because I was not wanting to date, or even halfway interested in getting remarried. When people would ask me if I planned to get married I always joked that the Lord would have to put my next husband right in front of me if he wanted me to be married again. Turns out that is what happened. Bill was living in Denver at the time, and I was living in Virginia. When he first contacted me via email, I really didn't want to talk. When he asked if he could call I originally said no. But somehow, as time progressed we both knew that we would marry before we even met each other in person. Blending a family has been hard at some times, and early on the road was rough. But we stuck together through it and now, we are very best friends and great companions for each other. After 8 years our marriage is so strong, even while we live apart right now. (8 more months). To me, our story is proof, that the Lord is mindful of each of us, and directly has a hand in our lives. I am greatful for my eternal companion and thankful that Ashlee is sealed to us. He is a wonderful husband and a great father.

3 comments:

Nezhone said...

Congratulations Stephanie. I see you every once in a while when we go to Montrose, but don't ever get a chance to talk to you. Happy Anniversary!

Kiffon said...

Happy anniversary you guys!

Despain said...

Congratulations Steph!!! I love your dress...it reminds me of the one from "runaway bride", but it looks like you stayed around for your ceremony!! :)