Last night Ashlee participated in the school disctrict's Solo Ensamble. Oh my heavens!!! She was amazing and I am not just saying that because she is my child. When the teacher was handing out music for the students to work on she originally gave Ashlee some song choices that Ash thought were "boring and easy". So she asked if she could do something else. Ashlee choose "Think of Me" from "Phantom of the Opera". Ash has been sick all weekend long and she was nervous all day yesterday that she wasn't going to remember the words or that she would mess up. After listening to her sing I have no idea why she was even nervous. She blew me away. I was so glad that parents could go in to watch and that I was able to film it. I can't believe the wonderful gift that she has. She is only in 7th grade and she has such a beautiful voice. She can sing any style of music. I love to listen to her sing karaoke at home. She can ghetto up any hip hop song with soul that I cannot believe comes from a white girl, yet she can sing a love song with beautiful emotion. Last summer I was asked by our Bishop, Nick Taylor to sing in a wedding that he was asked to go to. I couldn't make it becuase I had to work so I volunteered Ashlee to go. I think the Bishop was a little nervous about having a 12 year old come sing but I assured him that she would do well. Turns out that the Bishop was amazed by her song, and the Bride and Groom were in tears by the end. She has sung twice in church since we have been here and both times has done so beautifully that people are in tears. Yesterday I was so blown away by her and so proud of her. As I sat watching her solo I had to hold back tears because I didn't want her to be nervous about singing.
Needless to say she got a Superior I in all her performances. She did GREAT!
Go check out her videos at: www.youtube.com/SadiePollyPops
2 comments:
WOW!! What a voice! That high "think of me" note was amazing! Way to go Ash!
Stephanie-
She has an amazing voice just like you always have had. I got your blog spot from Heidi's blog and thought I would say hello. I will have to get your email to invite you to mine if you want to see my crazy kids. Hope all is well in Montrose. Talk to you later. Maile
Post a Comment