Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mom... I'm In Charge of the Homecoming Float!!

Last Friday Ashlee came home from school and told me she was in charge of the freshmen homecoming float and that the parade was Wednesday. Then she told me that she couldn't find anyone to help. So we spent the weekend building an 8 foot firecracker and putting a float together. Ashlee came up with the idea and I helped her put it together. She worked very hard on it. We had a great time working together, laughing, and talking. She was very excited when they announced that the Freshment float was the winner at the homecoming game last night. That made it all worth it.
The float in action.
A whole bunch of friends!
Here is the float right before the parade started.
Ashlee put in a lot of work. She painted all of the signs for the entire float all by herself.
Her favorite part of course was when I was trapped inside the firecracker. I had to beg her to help me get out.

Ashlee likes to whistle while she works!
We made 15 of these cute firecrackers to go around the trailer.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Well I guess this answers my question about the float! It turned out awesome! I'm continually amazed by the talent the Calderwood women have ( excluding me of course... I mean those raised Calderwood). How creative!