Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Something Hand Made

This week's Tuesday Tell All idea was to talk about things in your house that are special because they are hand made. They suggested maybe a quilt or something like that. Okay so this blog will now unveil the reasons why I do not fit in with the "RS Crowd". First of all I thought all weekend about what I have in my house that is hand made. I even enlisted the help of my Sister and Mom for ideas. They suggested my scrapbooks, which yes, are hand made, but I have since gone to digital scrapbooking (Mom don't have a heart attack) because it is easier than getting all the mess out. So that idea was out. Then I went through the house to try to find something that was hand made and this is all I could come up with.


One of the things that I like to do is make something out of something else. So my problem was Ashlee's collections of things being out in the open. (We discussed that I think) The solution was a set of school lockers repainted with shelves put in them to house it all while keeping it out of sight. The project... these new lockers. I did these while Ashlee was out of town this last weekend. When she came home her room was re-organized and the lockers were in there. ( I also painted her bathroom). She loves the new lockers but I think her favorite part is slamming them like the kids do at school. I have heard nothing but slamming metal for the past 3 days. (At least I know they are getting used huh?)

Okay so I found something else :) I didn't want to have to share this one but I think it is hilarious. You can see the pics on the scrapbook page but here is the journaling in case you can't read it.

"I got a sewing machine for Christmas of 2006 from Mom and Dad. I had wanted to learn to sew for a long time. This was my first project... except it wasn't supposed to be a bonnet and it wasn't supposed to be for the dogs. I wanted it to be a cute apron but things didn't quite work out that way. Ashlee and Bill died laughing when I was finished. Too bad Sadie and Polly didn't think it was funny. Unfortunately they became the victims of the the sewing project. They were good sports though. "Is that a hint of a smile I see Polly?" Guess Not."

Now you see why I don't do Hand Made!

3 comments:

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

I think that you did an excellant job humiliating your dogs! Love the bonnets! I also love the lockers, great idea.

Becca said...

"Hand Made" shmand made. I would have a hard time coming up with something too. But your locker idea was genius! I would have loved to have had something like that in middle school. The bonnet... well, I can't talk because the only thing I've ever sewn is a scrunchie in seventh grade. I should spend a little time taking lessons from you!

Susan said...

Steph - you are SO creative! There are a billion hand made things in your home!

By the way - L.O.V.E. the new layout!

:)