
Kylie is Ashlee's best friend from Las Vegas. Since we have moved to Montrose they have kept in touch and have seen each other both summers. Last year Kylie came to Montrose to stay with us for a week. This summer Ashlee flew to Vegas to spend the week with her. Within one week they went to the mall (of course), went to the Circus Circus Adventuredome, rode the Roller Coaster at the New York, New York, and went to a water show. On the day of her return they were in Abercrombie and Fitch shopping and she saw Carrot Top. So she got a picture with him on her phone. She said he was really nice.
So now the drama... Right before her flight to Vegas we learned that Kylie's mom would possibly not be able to get a pass to meet Ashlee at the gate. So of course as a Mother I was freaking out. Ashlee has flown alone many times, but I have always dropped her off at the gate and there has always been someone to pick her up. Sure enough they did not get a pass so she had to walk through the Las Vegas airport alone. Then add to that she was at the D-gates which are the furthest away from the main terminal and baggage claim. It was that day I learned just how grown up and independant Ashlee has become. Here I was a nervous wreck, and she was calm, cool, and collected. She followed the signs and made arrangements for Kylie and her parents to meet her at her luggage carousel. I was very proud of her.
So now the drama... Right before her flight to Vegas we learned that Kylie's mom would possibly not be able to get a pass to meet Ashlee at the gate. So of course as a Mother I was freaking out. Ashlee has flown alone many times, but I have always dropped her off at the gate and there has always been someone to pick her up. Sure enough they did not get a pass so she had to walk through the Las Vegas airport alone. Then add to that she was at the D-gates which are the furthest away from the main terminal and baggage claim. It was that day I learned just how grown up and independant Ashlee has become. Here I was a nervous wreck, and she was calm, cool, and collected. She followed the signs and made arrangements for Kylie and her parents to meet her at her luggage carousel. I was very proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment