Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Friday Everyone!! Well it is 11:00 at night but this is the first time that I have been able to sit down all day. I should be in bed because I am going to be suffering next week when Seminary starts back up. I am so off schedule! So this weekend is going to be a big cleaning party at my house. I haven't even taken my tree down I am embarrassed to say. That is totally unlike me since most years I take it down the day after. Heck I would take it down the day of if I could. Needless to say my house looks like a tornado. I just spent 41/2 hours cleaning Ashlee's room with her. It needed a huge clean out. She is hector the collector. She had stuff everywhere. Hopefully we will be able to keep it a little organized.

Tomorrow it is supposed to snow a lot. The weather channel says we could expect up to 3 feet. I guess my drive way is just going to be an ice sheet all winter. Boy do I miss the Vegas heat about now. Isn't life about give and take.

Last night we went to a ward dinner. It was a lot of fun. The Spanish speaking members of our ward wanted to get to know us so they all cooked for us. We got together in a circle and we all introduced our families to them and vise versa. Then we ate some yummy food ( I still thought the chips and salsa from Chili's were my favorite) and then we broke a pinata. (Ashlee the pack rat brought home the head of the pinata, a donkey, and thought she was going to keep it. She was upset when I threw it out tonight. See what I mean.) Anyway the dinner was a lot of fun and I was surprised at how many of the members speak Spanish. Another reason why I have got to take that Spanish class!!

No comments: