Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Wake Up

This last weekend I made a speedy trip to Las Vegas to teach MY LAST :) state routine to the cheer squad in Boulder City. I coached them for the past three years and we won state for the past two years. When I moved last year they begged me to do the routine one more year.

I really enjoyed the drive...alone. I love to go on long drives by myself. It always gives me time to think, and plan, and sing LOUD!!!! I couldn't help but to notice this time as I drove into Vegas how happy I was that I didn't live there anymore. I felt very offended at so many of the things in that city. I couldn't believe all the things I had become callus to becuase I was around it all the time and didn't notice it. In addition I was amazed at the difference in the teenagers there compared to our new home. I was grateful that I got Ashlee out of there and that she does not have to be around all that stuff anymore. I could not wait to finish up and get home to my beautiful little town... snow and all. I couldn't help but to feel thankful to the Lord for sending us here, and for allowing us to live in such a great ward where we are strengthened by others who have our same desires to obey the commandments. I am so thankful for the wonderful testimony strengthening experiences that have helped me to feel closer to my Savior this past year. I am so grateful for his light in my life.

Ashlee was asked to babysit this last weekend for the first time. She was excited and loved it, especially the baby. She did well and she told me that she rocked her to sleep but then when she went to put her in the crib she woke up. (Welcome to motherhood. Hope she gets used to that.) But then she said that she sang to her and she went back to sleep. Bill said that he was so impressed on Sunday when she paid her tithing without being asked. She is such a good girl. I am always amazed and humbled by her example. She brought her report card home on Thursday. Strait A's (again). But I never have to ask her to do her homework or even follow up with it. She always does what she is supposed to do. Each night I thank the Lord for his trust in me to care for her. She is truly a choice spirit!

No comments: