Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Run Over By A Mack Truck

This will be something that only women will understand...

Those days when mid-day you finally get a chance to take a split second break, maybe use the restroom (without the kids or the dogs in there), eat a bit, whatever, and in that brief split moment you think to yourself... I feel like I just got run over by a Mack truck. And the only reason why you realize this is because it is the first time that you have even had a second to slow down enough to feel it.

Today is one of those days. I woke up early..5:30 the usual for seminary... this is after a late night of trying catch up on some of the things that are falling behind at home (laundry, cleaning, bills, you know) 6:30 left for seminary, done at 7:50, ran home after to change clothes and get to an insurance seminar at 8:30. Sat through the seminar til noon, ran home to let the dogs out to go potty, grabbed a bottle of water and headed into the office. Walked in to a pile of messages that had to be returned from me being out for the morning. Ashlee called at 2:30 to tell me that she wasn't feeling well and needed to go home. Went to pick her up from school, ran her home. Drove back to work. Held two appointments, made more calls. It is now 5:40 pm and the day will not end. I have to go to Target, the grocery store, then I have to run it home, go to seminary inservice meeting, go home and clean my house (I am hosting BUNKO tomorrow night) do my seminary lesson, make my score cards for Bunko, make some of the food for tomorrow (since I have to work till 5:30 and have a staff meeting till 6:00 tomorrow night before BUNKO starts at 6:30). It will be another late night tonight.

The crazy thing is that tomorrow will go the same. And I am not the only woman in the world who has this kind of schedule. I know my friends and Mother and sisters have the same kind of schedules. In thinking about it I must say that we women are quite an amazing breed. A man could not handle a third of what we take responsibility for day in and day out without totally being overwhelmed to the point of needing medication. We are quite amazing.

The most humorous part of all this is that my theme for BUNKO night is "Relax and Recoup!" I am laughing just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Debi said...

Augh! Tell me about it. Sometimes it feels like life is ran like the Wheel of Fortune and the ticker keeps spinning and you hope to land on the space that says, "Time out" or something like that!!