Friday, January 18, 2008

Little Whispers

On Wednesday Ashlee called me from school in the afternoon because she was not feeling well. We talked back and forth via text message (her very quickly and me a little slower cuz I can't text like a teen). She was weighing her options of missing basketball practice that night with a game the next day. During the conversation I had a quick thought enter my mind "have Ashlee miss practice and the game tomorrow". Her game was an away game in Gunnison which is an hour away. Gunnison Colorado for those of you that don't know is nationally know as the location that often times has the coldest temperature in the nation during the winter. The drive there is mountainous and dangerous even in the best weather. I told her that I thought she should take a day off from practice and from school the next day so that she could get feeling better. She has a very busy schedule and I think she gets worn out. So yesterday she stayed home from school and relaxed. I had her do a few things while she was home to help out around the house because after a good "sleep in" she was feeling better.

Last night Ashlee got a call from one of her friends on the team who was on the bus traveling home from Gunnison. Turns out that the team had bus trouble on the way back and they sat in between Montrose and Gunnison on the highway in freezing temperatures for two hours. They did not get home from the game until very late.

I am grateful for the little whispers that we receive from the Holy Ghost, no matter how small, that keep us happy, safe, and in this case warm. What a wonderful gift the spirit is!

No comments: